Boulder Solo Show Workshops
Beginning-Find your voice
As you begin work to find your story, participants in this beginning workshop will be guided to
- Get started
- Find your true voice
- Discover what moves you to write
By the end of the beginning workshop you will have the opportunity to perform your 10-minute monologue to a live audience.
Intermediate-Develop your story
Starting with a 10-minute performance-ready monologue, participants in the intermediate workshop will develop a working draft of a solo show by learning how to
- Go deeper into your story
- Bring your voice to a story on stage
- Take care of you and the audience
- Add and bring more
- Engage at higher levels
By the end of the intermediate workshop, you will have the opportunity to perform 15 minutes of your piece to a live audience.
Advanced-Perform your show
Starting with a working draft of a show, participants in this workshop will work individually or with a group, to refine your draft into a performance-ready solo show by
- Finding and refining transitions
- Editing to smooth the flow of your piece
- Fine-tuning and tweaking the show until it works
- Receiving direction and notes to make it the best show it can be
- Learning marketing and production techniques to successfully put your show up
By the end of the advanced workshop, you will have the opportunity to perform your show to a live audience in a Showcase of Solo Shows.